Check back here for the most updated news on the Sixth Street Viaduct Replacement Project.
Friday, October 19, 2012 --
Mayor Villaraigosa joined Councilmember Jose Huizar and City Engineer Gary Lee Moore to announce that the architecture firm HNTB is the winner of the international design competition for the design of the Sixth Street Viaduct (Bridge).
In April, Mayor Villaraigosa and Councilmember Huizar announced an international design competition for the design of the replacement of the 80-year-old Sixth Street Viaduct. Over the past four years, Councilmember Huizar worked with the Bureau of Engineering to ensure that substantial community outreach and input took place before last November’s City Council vote to replace the viaduct as the safest and most cost-effective alternative.
View the presentation slides, poster boards, and animated renderings from the winning design firm, HNTB below. (Click on the images below to view):
HNTB's Presentation Slides
HNTB's Poster Boards
HNTB's Animated Rendering
October 7, 2012
INTRODUCING THE SIXTH STREET VIADUCT REPLACEMENT PROJECT
Watch a short movie introducing the Sixth Street Viaduct Replacement Project on the "About" page.
August 14, 2012
Join us for the upcoming public presentations of bridge design concepts for the Sixth Street Viaduct Replacement Project by the design teams.
- September 12th, 2012 at 6:30 PM. Puente Learning Center (Multipurpose Room). 501 S. Boyle Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033.
- September 13th, 2012 at 6:30 PM. Para Los Ninos (Cafetorium). 1617 East 7th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021.
- September 17th, 2012 at 6:30 PM. SCI-Art (Keck Hall). 350 S. Merrick Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
- September 18th, 2012 at 6:30 PM. Boyle Heights Technology Youth Center (Room 128). 1600 E. Fourth Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033.
For more information, and to RSVP, visit the Calendar page.
July 27, 2012
THREE FIRMS SELECTED TO COMPETE IN THE BRIDGE DESIGN COMPETITION
Today, City Engineer Gary Lee Moore, P.E. announced that the following three firms have been selected to participate in a design competition for the Sixth Street Viaduct Replacement Project:
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, STAY INFORMED
Do you have questions or concerns about the 6th St. Bridge Replacement Project? Do you have ideas for how to make the new bridge a great and iconic strucure? Or do you want to receive email updates on the latest news regarding the 6th Street Bridge Project?
Please enter your comments and questions, or just your email address, below.
* If you have a question, please check the FAQ page first. Your question may have already been answered. All comments and questions will be reveiwed and approved before being posted to this site. Questions that have not already been answered on the FAQ page will be answered as soon as possible.